Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Why Are Injections So Hard For Me?

Today was going good until my afternoon pt that I had to numb up.  I had was finishing her today and I knew that I needed to do the Left PSA (which scared me) and the Left IA (which did not).  But I gave the Left PSA with no real problems; it was the stupid IA that got me. I went in to site of penetration and hit osseous like five times, so I withdrew and aimed higher. When I went in the second time I was able to get to site of deposition but when I was aspirating my stupid harpoon got disengaged! Then I had one more try to really go in and get her numb, but I wasn’t too scared because I knew from the second try where to go exactly. But when I got to site of deposition for the third try, I got a freaking positive aspiration and didn’t get to numb my pt! So the cleaning was really uncomfortable for her and me and I felt bad the whole time, thinking that my pt thought I was an idiot. Well…. I am starting to freak out because I still need to take my LA clinical board but this just shot down my confidence.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry Kayla. Why couldn't you keep trying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the same thing happen. On my patient they were worried that she would get trismus so I had to stop trying. Honestly, Kayla I think just some patient's anatomy just make it much harder on us, and those patients will need some getting used to and much more experience!

    ReplyDelete